Botox Raleigh, NC
When it comes to anti-aging treatments, Botox has become a household name and the go-to for wrinkle relaxing. Botox is so well known that people can come in interested in Botox and find out that they would better benefit from dermal fillers. Botox injections are among the highest standard and most effective anti-aging treatments available. Dr. Sumeet Jindal and the Jindal Institute for Youthful Aging offer the best Botox Raleigh provides.
The Science Behind Botox Injections
Botox in Raleigh, NC is a derivative of Botulinum toxin A. It promotes skin tightening by treating dynamic wrinkles and preventing future wrinkle formation. Botox filler injections administer an extremely small and highly concentrated dose of Clostridium botulinum. This achieves the wrinkle relaxing effects in a safe and controlled manner.
When injected, Botox Raleigh, NC temporarily blocks the signals that tell muscles to contract in a way that causes wrinkles. This allows you to maintain expression while treating and preventing wrinkles. Botox treatment has been used in clinics for over two decades and is considered one of the safest and most effective anti-aging treatments.
Treatment Areas of Botox Raleigh, NC
Botox Raleigh, NC can technically be injected in any muscle. However, when treating wrinkles and promoting skin tightening, Dr. Jindal targets specific facial muscles with Botox cosmetic. Botox filler injections are versatile and frequently used to treat medical conditions on other areas of the body. There are several common Botox treatment Raleigh areas on the face.
- Glabella Lines: Also known as frown lines or “the 11s”, these vertical lines form between your brows due to repeated movements. Botox can relax these muscles to reduce the appearance of these lines and prevent them from deepening or becoming permanent fixtures on the face.
- Forehead Lines: The horizontal lines on the forehead form due to raising the eyebrows. Botox prevents specific contractions that cause the skin to wrinkle while still maintaining natural looking expressions.
- Crow’s Feet: Three lines shaped like a crow’s foot can appear at the corners of the eyes. A small amount of Botox can relax the muscles and prevent this without affecting the nearby muscles.
- Brow Lift: With age, the brow and underlying muscles can begin to weaken. Eventually, this can lead to the need for a brow lift surgery. However, some patients may see adequate results from Botulinum toxin to relax the stronger muscles pulling the brows downward. This results in a small lift of the eyebrows.
- Bunny Lines: Bunny lines are dynamic wrinkles that form when you scrunch your nose. While these are less likely to become static wrinkles, some people do not like the look of bunny lines. Neuromodulator injections can easily resolve bunny lines to smooth the skin on the nose.
- Gummy Smile: A gummy smile occurs when the upper lip pulls up above the gum line to expose the gums when smiling. Botox can help the lip stay in a lower position when smiling which can help people with a gummy smile feel more confident.
- Lip Flip: A thin upper lip is common and often happens due to genetics. In cases where lip filler is not desired or warranted, Botox can help expose more of the upper lip for a more symmetrical and proportional look.
- Chin Dimple: Chin dimples are perfectly normal and not a sign of aging. However, some people may want to disguise unwanted chin dimples. Depending on the type of dimple, Botox can help smooth the area of the chin.
- Jaw/Face Slimming: During a treatment known as masseter Botox, Botox is injected into a masseter muscle that has made the face appear wider than it truly is. This can create a slimmer and more contoured facial appearance.
- Neck Bands: Neck bands form due to muscle movement, natural creasing, and thinning skin on the neck. In the early stages, Botox is a great option for treating and preventing neck bands.
Benefits of Botox Raleigh
- Wrinkle reduction
- Prevention of future or deepening wrinkles
- Treats underlying muscles instead of just the skin
- Non-surgical and non-invasive
- Little to no pain
- Easy to combine with other injectables
- Quick procedure
- No downtime
- Limited aftercare
- Versatile and can treat several areas
- Has medical and cosmetic uses
- Safe and well studied
Other Botox Treatments
Along with cosmetic indications, Botox also has several medical ones that Dr. Jindal can offer. While some are more specialized such as treating limb spasticity, others are more common conditions Botox can reduce the symptoms of.
- Chronic Migraines: Chronic migraines can be debilitating and painful. Botox injections around the head can reduce the frequency of headaches. The injections do this by limiting nerve signaling that would cause you to feel the pain of a migraine. It is best used in combination with other migraine treatments. Botox is usually only used for chronic migraines which are classified as having at least fifteen headache days per month. Occasional migraines typically do not warrant this treatment.
- Hyperhidrosis: Hyperhidrosis—or excessive sweating—is a condition that most commonly affects symmetrical parts of the body such as the palms, under arms, feet, and face. It can be congenital or caused by medications or other factors. Botox helps deactivate the sweat glands to reduce sweating in specific areas.
- TMJ: TMJ—a shortened form of temporomandibular joint dysfunction—can cause jaw locking, pain, and difficulty with jaw movement. Botulinum toxin injections can help some people with TMJ find relief from pain and help ease movement. Like with treating migraines, it is best used in conjunction with other TMJ treatments.
What To Expect During Botox Injections In Raleigh, NC
Botox in Raleigh, NC usually takes around a half hour or less. First, Dr. Jindal will disinfect the areas he will treat with Botox cosmetic. If desired, he will then apply numbing cream. Since the injections are quick, most undergoing Botox treatment Raleigh do not opt for the numbing cream. Choosing not to numb does reduce the time it times to undergo Botox Raleigh, NC.
Dr. Jindal will then inject the Botulinum toxin product at the treatment sites. There are usually several injection sites in each treatment area. Your provider spreads the entire dosage across the treated muscle for the best results. Some pinpoint bleeding, redness, and swelling is normal at the injection sites. This usually quickly begins to subside.
Botox Cosmetic Results
The results of Botox in Raleigh, NC will take around two weeks to fully settle. However, you may see initial results from Raleigh Botox after a few days. The results involve being able to make certain facial expressions without seeing lines form which helps overall skin tightening. On average, patients enjoy their Botox Raleigh, NC results for between three to four months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Overall, Botox carries relatively few side effects. Major side effects or complications are exceptionally rare. Some possible Botox side effects include:
- Mild flu-like symptoms
All in all, side effects generally are not severe and resolve on their own within two weeks. Certain treatment areas may have other associated side effects that Dr. Jindal will discuss with you. Allergic reaction is possible but unlikely.
Botox lasts for an average of three months. Some people may see results last up to four months or more in particular areas or situations. You can expect to refresh your Botox injections three to four times a year.
There are factors such as an extremely high metabolism, excessive working out, or frequent movement in the treated areas that can decrease the amount of time Botox lasts. Biological and environmental factors also contribute.
Baby Botox—also called micro tox or micro Botox—involves injecting smaller amounts of Botox into younger patients to prevent wrinkles. Patients who undergo baby Botox are often in their twenties and may have some dynamic wrinkles formation. Starting the neurotoxin injections earlier in smaller doses can help prevent wrinkles later in life.
The Botox cost Raleigh, NC is around $12.50 per unit, but we do offer occasional specials. The average cost of Botox Raleigh, NC is $14 per unit. Thus, JIYA is just below the average cost, but does not offer lesser services. We want to make Botox accessible to everyone.
Botox in Raleigh