Natural Facial Fillers
Natural Facial Fillers Raleigh, NC
Hollowing is one of the most visible signs of aging. It contributes to facial hollows such as in the temples and under the eyes as well as the formation of wrinkles. To treat these hollows, patients often seek out dermal filler injections. However, not everyone wants or is a good candidate for traditional fillers. Additionally, with an increased focus on putting only natural substances into our bodies, many people look for alternatives.
Natural Facial Fillers Overview
Natural facial fillers generally take an organic material from the patient’s body and re-inject it into the treatment areas to stimulate a collagen response. With growth factors and beneficial proteins, this helps improve skin texture and plump the face. The process of harvesting the natural filler is usually non-surgical or non-invasive and does not require general anesthesia.
It is nearly impossible for these natural fillers to cause an allergic reaction or for your body to reject them. There are risks like this with any other cosmetic injection, but they are minimal. Dr. Jindal can inject natural facial fillers anywhere you can receive traditional dermal fillers such as the lips, temples, under eyes, and smile lines.
All About Types Of Natural Filler
- Platelet Rich Plasma: Platelet rich plasma is blood plasma with a high concentration of platelets. Platelets help the blood clot and wounds heal. Thus, they appear in the highest concentrations at wound sites. When injected, your body responds as it would to a wound and increases collagen production as well as other beneficial proteins. In the office, it is separated from a blood sample via spinning in a centrifuge.
- Platelet Rich Fibrin: Platelet rich fibrin—like PRP—is fibrin rich in blood platelets. Fibrin is a protein found in blood plasma. It is a component of plasma rather than the plasma itself. Fibrin is rich in white blood cells, growth factors, and stem cells. When making platelet rich plasma, the stem cells and white blood cells are spun out which reduces the blood factors in the PRP. On the other hand, PRF keeps them in and is said to be more effective than PRP in many cases. Fibrin can also be used to make a gel-filler that can create volume naturally while slowly releasing growth.
- Fat: Body fat naturally harbors stem cells and other growth factors. Thus, when harvested with liposuction, Dr. Jindal can transfer small amounts of fat into the hollowing facial areas. Not only does this result in a natural plump almost immediately, but it promotes and often provides longer lasting results.
Natural Fillers vs. Hyaluronic Acid Fillers
Natural fillers and hyaluronic acid fillers have many similarities such as the treatment areas and the overall goals of the treatments. However, they also have several differences that can make the difference when choosing the right procedure for you. Dr. Jindal does offer both natural fillers and hyaluronic acid fillers. The table below compares the two treatments to help you make an informed decision on the right one for you.
- Substances derived from the specific patient’s body
- Subtler results
- Longer appointments
- Multiple sessions usually needed
- Fewer refreshments after the initial round of treatment
- More cost-effective
- Enhances the skin
- Sometimes involves a surgical component (only with fat)
- Less risk of occlusion
- Can treat most types of scarring including acne and surgical scars
Hyaluronic Acid Fillers
- Substance derived from the body but synthetically made
- Results can be more dramatic
- Shorter appointments
- One initial session
- Regular refreshments needed to upkeep the results
- Less cost-effective
- Little to no skin enhancement
- No surgical component, only topical numbing
- More risk of occlusion
- Only treats especially deep acne scars
Natural facial fillers in Raleigh have many benefits patients can enjoy. Some of these benefits include:
- More youthful appearance
- Thicker, better quality skin
- Treats facial hollows
- Plump desired features
- Adds volume to the face
- Provide nutrients and hydration to treated sites
- Buildable to account for future aging
- Address wrinkles and fine lines
- Treats the appearance of acne scars
- Stimulates collagen production
- All injected filler comes from the patient’s own body
- Low risk
- Minimally invasive
- Little to no pain
- No traditional recovery
- Performed by an experienced oculoplastic surgeon
From Start To Finish: The Natural Filler Process
In a consultation with Dr. Jindal at the Jindal Institute for Youthful Aging, he will ask you about your specific concerns and your goals for the procedure. From there, Dr. Jindal will need to know about your medical history and lifestyle because this can impact the procedures you are a candidate for and the ones that will work best for you. Finally, Dr. Jindal may examine the treatment areas.
If Dr. Jindal believes you are a good candidate for a natural filler procedure, he will present the various options. He may also provide his recommendation based on your history and goals. If you decide to move forward with a natural filler, Dr. Jindal will describe the procedure more in detail and provide you with how to prepare.
Depending on whether you undergo PRP and PRF treatments or a fat injection procedure, the day of your procedure will go slightly differently. In the case of a plasma injection, Dr. Jindal or one of his team will draw your blood. It will spin in a centrifuge and then be re-injected into the treatment areas.
When it comes to fat, Dr. Jindal will numb the area thoroughly with injections and topical creams. He will then use gentle liposuction to extract fat. The fat is then cleaned and injected into the treatment areas. This procedure usually takes longer because the liposuction—while minimally invasive—is surgical.
Aftercare & Continued Sessions
Natural fillers—except for fat transfer—often require multiple sessions to create and promote the best results. With plasma injections, Dr. Jindal recommends undergoing injections every four to eight weeks initially and then once or twice a year after the initial round.
As far as aftercare, Dr. Jindal may provide instructions such as:
- Avoid massaging or touching the area
- Refrain from strenuous exercise or activities for at least one to two days
- Stay out of the sun as much as possible
- Keep out of warm and wet environments such as saunas and hot tubs
- Sleep on your back and elevated
- Avoid ibuprofen and aspirin products
- Ice gently if necessary
Frequently Asked Questions
Natural filler injections are safe to inject anywhere you can receive traditional dermal fillers. This includes:
● Tear troughs
● Smile lines
● Marionette lines
Due to platelet rich fibrin’s better safety profile than fillers, there are more places you may be able to undergo the treatment. Discuss all of your goals and problems with Dr. Jindal and he can create a customized plan.
There are some minor risks associated with any injection procedure. Fat transfer does have the largest risks out of the natural filler options, but is still widely considered safe. Some of the risks of natural fillers include:
● Prolonged or worsened bruising
● Nerve damage
● Small risk of occlusion with PRF (much less risk than traditional fillers)
The Best Natural Facial Fillers In Raleigh At JIYA
The Jindal Institute for Youthful Aging focuses on holistic and regenerative cosmetic treatments to treat and prevent aging. Along with providing traditional dermal fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane, Dr. Jindal also offers the newest regenerative natural filler options. The Jindal Institute for Youthful Aging provides the best natural facial fillers Raleigh offers.
Dr. Sumeet Jindal is an experienced and skillful oculoplastic surgeon who performs both surgical and non-surgical anti-aging procedures. When it comes to treating wrinkles and facial hollowing, he is trained in regenerative techniques such as platelet rich fibrin injections and fat transfer.